Is this a reasonable price?
Is this a reasonable price to tear down two walls and a ceiling in a bedroom?
I recently had a complete roof job on my house. It was installed incorrectly and water got into one bedroom.
In short, I need to tear down two walls and the ceiling in that bedroom. The size of the bedroom is 12'X12'.
Below is a summary of the work that needs to be done:
- Tear down two walls and one ceiling
- remove all insulation in that area
- wash down the affected walls/ceiling with a mold resistant solution (person doing the work states we do not need a mold remediator)
- install new insulation, put up sheet rock & Paint (2walls and ceiling).
- paint the remaining two walls in the bedroom to match.
Please note - he is not plastering the walls and ceiling just sheetrock and paint.
Here is the problem - my sister began dating this guy who sent his friend over to give us a quote. He is charging $4800 for this work.
My sister decided to hire him without my approval.
I feel we are being way overcharged.
Please let me know what you think!